Monday, October 12, 2015

Eisenhower Park in San Antonio, Texas

On Sunday I did the Vista Loop at the Eisenhower park.
I did it one and a half times, as I just had the energy and the Vista Loop is just 3.5 miles long.

The Eisenhower Park is located north of town right before Camp Bullies outside of Loop 1604.
It has plenty of parking and also a nice playground in case you are going with children.
Last but not least it has picnic tables and there are plenty of them as well.

But lets start with the hike.



Here is the map and the path I took. Th lower path I took twice, but on teh way back I first took the outer loop and at the end I took the path more to the middle as this is a shortcut to the parking lot and I ran out of water sometimes at the top.

But lets see how the path looks at different stages.







This is at the beginning of the trail, as you see it's flat and nothing to worry about at all.

It also shows that there isn't much shadow, so wear  head and get sunscreen.


























We are heading north and it will go uphill. Again this is a quite nice trail but no shadow at all.
When you get to the end of that picture, you are almost at the little tower they have on top of the hill.
I haven't a picture of it, you need to go there yourself to see it.



We are going down hill and the path doesn't look bad if you ask me.











A little stepper then before but with good hiking shoes or hiking boots, you shouldn't have a problem at all.


This is a little later but also shouldn't be a problem at all if you watch your step.


As you saw from the pictures, this is a fairly easy hike with nothing to worry about. It doesn't has much shadow but we are in Texas and Texas isn't known for it's trees.
As I said before I would recommend one liter of water per hour hiking, and in general you need to calculate 3 miles per hour for beginners and later on you will know what mileage you can calculate form experience.

This hike as I did it was 7 miles long, it took me almost three hours and this included picture breaks and I drank 70 oz of water.
I also had a height difference of 700 feet in it.

The next hike I will do is in the Friedrich Wilderness park, just a couple of miles away from the Eisenhower park.

I hope you liked this one here and maybe I see you on the trail.









No comments:

Post a Comment