Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hiking basics water

One of the main things you should have with you on a hike no matter if it's short or long is water.
I hiked with many people and I saw that Germans in the USA like to buy water bottles, something that isn't very cost effective or environmentally friendly, and they are such environmental friendly people in Germany.

Personally I have a Camelpak, actually I have a couple of them for different hikes from  60 oz to a 100 oz bladder, and for the longer ones in hot areas even two that gives me 200 oz of water.

I don't have anything in it, just pure water, so in case you need to use it for something else, like washing out a wound, you can do so without a problem.
Or give some to a fellow hiker that didn't bring as much as you did.


 This is my mule and it's is the 2009 model, so you won't find it anymore on the market.

I have some bigger ones but this one comes with a 60 oz or 2 liter bladder and with the space for the essentials for a half day of hiking.

 Yes I have an LED light on it at all times that has four colors and several modes. I used it a couple of times while night hiking in Arches NP so I could scout out the trail and my group could follow me.

This is my main pack for local hikes and in the next posting I will show you a couple of things that go with me on every hike.














No comments:

Post a Comment